Frequently Asked Questions about classes on the
Fiber Art Connection
Here are many frequently asked questions I hope you can find the answer to some of your questions here!
- Will future lessons/content/instructors be added?
- Answer: Yes, I am working on future sessions now. Each session will have its own set of instructors and material unique to that session only.
- The FAC website states that registration is open on Feb 15th does that mean I have access to all the material now?
- Answer: Once you register you will have access to an introduction from each artist, supply lists, class info etc. then beginning on March 15, 2016 one class will open up each week. It will have activities all available to you so you can do it at your convenience and speed. Each week a new class opens with the teacher answering questions and responding to posts and photos.
- Can I wait until class has started and then sign up?
- Answer: No, once class starts on March 15, the registration is closed and class has begun. That session will not be available so if you would like to join the class don't wait to get your seat.
- How many hours of video instruction are included with each instructor? Are there PDF's available to print out?
- Answer: Each teacher has the option to design her own classroom. Some will have more videos than others. My class has several videos, while some my have less. With each lesson and technique being different we don't want to try to force teachers to conform to a rigid, format and want to allow them to design and create something totally them for the students. There will be downloads, PDF's, templates available where applicable to download.
- How long will I have access to the classroom and all the lessons?
- Answer: You will have access to all the classrooms, videos, pdf files, templates, recorded teleconferences and webinars FOREVER. There is no time limit as there commonly are with other online classes.
- Will I be able to download the videos to my computer?
- Answer: No, all material is copyright protected by the artist and you need to be a student to watch the videos in the classroom only.
- What happens if I can’t make a scheduled Event (teleconferences or webinars) because of my schedule or time zone?
- Answer: All events, teleconferences and webinars are recorded so you can go back in and watch them at any time.
- Can I ask a question in a live teleconference or webinar? Will I be able to get immediate feedback?
- Answer: There is a chat box to type in your questions live, the teacher can read and respond verbally so all cab hear her answer. You will get immediate feedback. The chat is not recorded so the teacher will most likely read the question out loud and then answer so it will be on the recording.
- How will I talk to the teacher or share my work during the class?
- Answer: The classroom has a special place below each activity to answer or ask a question, post a video or photos for you own work so you can share your progress or questions. We will also have a private FB group where students and teachers can interact.
- Will a student’s submitted work be made public?
- Answer: No, it will be viewed by everyone in the classroom but it will not be published on The Fiber Art Connection website or FB by us. If you decide you would like to post it on the private FB page you will be able to do so. Only the other students and teachers will be able to view the work. All work done in class by the teachers as well as the students is copyright protected.
- What about technology issues? Who will help me?
- Answer: Desiree Habicht is your host at the Fiber Art Connection. She is watching over the whole session to help out both the students and the teachers if anything is needed. She will do her best to solve any technology issues that might arise during a live event. We want everyone to enjoy the live connection and we will do what we can to help with that. International students will hopefully have toll free international numbers they can use to call in for teleconferences. Not all countries will have toll free numbers available and those students might have issues with live events. They would need to either submit questions early that could be addressed during the live event and then watched at a later date by the student. There are also options for Skype calls or other ways to connect live that could result in a cost to the student.
- Are there going to be other Sessions?
- Answer: Yes! We are excited to see this grow!
- What if I cannot find all of the supplies I need for the classes?
- Answer: The artists are going to help you source out any materials you might need for the class they are teaching. We will have links to suppliers and we hope to have a store set up where you can buy hard to find items right here!!
- What if I can’t keep up, will the teacher be available after their class is over?
- Answer: Yes, the teachers will be monitoring their classrooms for 3 weeks after their class ends so you can get your questions answered after class is over. We want you to love the process and work at your own pace.